We’ve included a selection of resources we’ve found most helpful in our work. If there are other resources you have found particularly helpful please do let us know 🙂
- The National Autistic Society (NAS) website contains a wealth of information about pretty much any topic you can think of!
- The ADHD foundation has lots of helpful information about a range of topics related to ADHD.
- Information about understanding Autism can be found on the NAS website. There are also some lovely YouTube videos describing Autism and the challenges people on the Spectrum face.
- There are Easy Read guides to understanding Autism which might be helpful for children. The NAS has published one, as has the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Young Minds has useful, readable, information about ADHD symptoms and treatment.
- For families in Hampshire, the local branch of the National Autistic Society is very active and is the go-to place for information about local groups, events, and support.
- For families in Berkshire, Autism Berkshire have information about events, organisations, and family support.
Aldershot – Meets fortnightly on Monday afternoons 2-4pm, at Aldershot Wellbeing Centre 121-123 Victoria Road, Aldershot, GU11 1JN. General social group, main volunteer Dan Jeffery.
Basingstoke – Meets fortnightly on Saturday mornings 10-12noon, at the Willis House museum café Market Place, Basingstoke RG21 7QD. General social group, main volunteer Sorrel Grigg. (future uncertain, contact Jamie for info)
Cosham – Meets fortnightly on Wednesday afternoons 4-6pm, at Red Lion Hotel London Road Cosham PO6 3EE. General social group, main volunteer Claire.
Eastleigh – Meets fortnightly on Friday afternoons 2-4pm, at the Eastleigh Wellbeing Centre 111 Leigh Road Eastleigh SO50 9DS. General social group, main volunteer Marjory Webber.
Gosport – Currently no settled volunteer – please check with Jamie to see if the group is meeting. Meets at the Gosport Discovery Centre on Monday mornings 9.30-11am.
Highlands Hub – Meets weekly on Wednesday mornings 10-11.30am, at Highlands Hub Café, Highlands Road Fareham. General social group, Autism Hampshire staff facilitate but Tina Betts and Russell Illingworth are volunteers as well.
Mayflower – Meets roughly every 4 weeks, normally on Tuesday mornings 11-1pm (can meet other days and times, depending on activity), at Mayflower theatre Commercial Road, Southampton. Theatre themed social group, facilitated by Mayflower staff Victoria Simmons. (due to refurbishment group is not due to meet until September/October 2018).
Park Gate – Meets fortnightly on Monday evenings 7-9pm, at The Village Inn, Botley Road Park Gate. General social group, main volunteer Charlotte Stent.
St James – Meets fortnightly on Tuesday mornings 11-1pm, at St James Community centre, Church Street Shirley Southampton. General social group, main volunteer Joanne Clements.
Swanmore – Meets fortnightly on Thursday afternoons 2-4pm, at Barnaby’s Coffee Shop Church Road Swanmore SO32 2PA. General social group, main volunteer Simon. Barnaby’s shut for summer– looking for suitable meeting place. Contact Jamie for more info.
Winchester – Meeting at new venue King Alfred youth activity centre Winnal Valley Road Winnal Winchester SO23 0LD. Contact Jamie for more information.
Groups regularly organise other activities from trips out to attractions to taking part in fundraising activities and meeting up to do bowling, cinema, sports etc. There are also sub groups including board games, singing and singles (contact Jamie for more information). The groups also hold a steering group.
Contact Jamie Pratt 07701397511, email@example.com,